From The NY Times:
- Son of executed Afghan rebel leads mourners
- Ill-fated path to America, jail and death – Why does it take the death of a detainee to find out the truth about what the FBI and INS are doing with the 1100 people that they have imprisoned, most without charges being filed. Attorney General John Ashcroft seems more like a fascist by the day. It’s time for Bush to rein him and the FBI chief in, and make them start respecting the civil liberties of all people.
- Some I.B.M. software tools to be put into public domain – This is an interesting development.
- What’s changed, and what’s not, around New York – I’ve included links to this story and the next one for any folks out there who are planing trips to NYC in the near future. I believe that anyone who has the time and money to travel up there, should do it. The people in NYC need tourists more than almost anything else right now.
- One man’s essential Manhattan