News & Opinion:
- Here is a bulletin that I received from the Green Party of Oklahoma:
RALLY Tuesday, Jan 29
FOR A MORATORIUM ON EXECUTIONS IN OKLAHOMA
South Steps of State Capitol – Oklahoma City
4:30 p.m. Gathering Music and Drumming
James Collins & Jahruba and Friends
5 to 6 – – RALLY
Sign the Roster of Attendees.
Register to Vote
Pick up Directory of Reps & Senators.
Tuesday, Jan. 29 is the date of the first execution of the year in Oklahoma. This RALLY supersedes the 5 to 6 p.m. protest which usually takes place at the Governor’s Mansion.
- NY Times: Bush reconsiders stand on how to treat captives of war
- Here’s another fun example of Bush’s creative (mis)use of the English language… Mr. Bush attempted to dismiss the issue today as a small legal distinction. “I will listen to all the legalisms and announce my decision when I make it,” he said.
- NY Times: Shares of Oklahoma-based Williams Cos. plunge as company delays earnings report.
- MSNBC: Bush prepares for balancing act – I have high expectations for this state of the union address (yeah right). I figure Bush is preparing a PhD level talk if you know what I mean.