- Here are some of the folks I’ve been listening to lately…
- Cake – that song “Short skirt, long jacket” is kick***. If I can find a girl that has “fingernails that shine like justice, and a voice that is dark like tinted glass,” who “is fast and thorough and sharp as a tack.” I would be a happy man. — Which while I’m on the subject, I do want a woman. Not in a desperate sense, of wanting just anyone, but rather in the sense of wanting the one.
God is right. (Ok, He always is, but that’s beside the point.) It is not good for a man to be alone.
Anyway, on to other thoughts…
- Nick Drake – Vagrantcafe has a great introduction to his music: A way to blue
- I really have been enjoying a couple of mainstream artists who are way underrespected by the ihavebettertastethanyou musical snobs. One is Alanis Morrissette, and the other one is Creed. I’ll refuse to hide in the corner for enjoying either of them. In fact I’ll beat you into submission if you speak against them.
- Nickel Creek – I especially like the song “Tom Bombadill’s house,” which is a perfect instrumental impression of the magical chapter of the same title in the first volume of the Lord of the Rings.
- PFR – I really like their song “Walking in Amsterdam.”
- My friend Tim Burger introduced me to Pete Stewart and Deniison Whitmer. Very, very enjoyable.
- I’ve been digging on U2 a lot lately, mostly Joshua Tree and the new album (I forgot its name.).
- Of course, listening to the stream at KTSW, college radio at its finest. If you’re on broadband, their 128k stream sounds incredible. — Wow, tonight KTSW is spinning some good stuff.