To celebrate a very belated Texas Independence Day (March 2nd) here are some links from the world’s most beautiful city, Austin.
Image from Insidestatesman.com
- AustinPostCard.com – a collection of old postcards from Austin, TX (Be sure and check out this one. It is one of my favorites of the collection.
- Austin History Center Association
- The Lady Bird Johnson National Wildflower Center
- Webcams and radar from Austin, TX
- The Daily Texan: Writing on the walls — Local photographer documents Austin’s mural history
- Gallery of Austin muralist Doug Jacques. Be sure to check out one of my favorites: Le Bonheur de Vivre, which is painted at the corner of 24th & Guadalupe Streets in Austin.