Today’s Actions for Peace
- Here are several stories from the press on today’s demonstrations in DC, San Francisco, Tokyo, and other places world-wide:
- San Francisco IMC: Coverage from the Streets — The police in San Francisco report 200,000 in today’s protest.
- CBS: Anti-War Rallies Galore
- ABC News: Thousands Rally in U.S. Against Iraq War — Tens of Thousands Rally in U.S., Around the World to Protest Possible War in Iraq
- BBC: Global protests against Iraq war
- BBC: Eyewitness: US anti-war protests
- BBC: In quotes — Anti-war protests
- MSNBC: Thousands protest a war with Iraq — Demonstrators rally in D.C., other capitals around the world
- Washington Post: Protesters Gather To Oppose War
- NY Times: Thousands gather in capital to protest Iraqi war plans
- Boston Globe/AP: A cry for peace joins crowds in Washington, across U.S.
- CNN: Anti-war demonstrators rally on Capitol Mall
- CNN: Antiwar protests sweep the world — Day of protest opens in Asia, moves to Mideast, Europe, U.S.
- CNN: Map of US anti-war protests
- FOXNews: Protesters Turn Out in Droves also see FOXNews/AP: Raw Data — A day of protest: A look at anti-war demonstrations Saturday in U.S. cities and around the world
(FOXNews thus far has surprisingly given more and better coverage of the protests than most other news outlets, a welcome improvement over their shoddy reporting during the last International Day of Action
- Austin IMC: Rush hour banner drop
- And last but not least, here is a bulletin from the DC Indymedia center that mentions the OKC action (Ok, I wrote that one so i cheated).