Peace and War:
- The War Wall – a place to pray online for peace and justice in Iraq
- Chicago IMC: UPDATE: Two student activists, Tanuja Jagernauth and Alison Kennis, were arrested late Friday afternoon at advertising company Leo Burnett’s downtown headquarters, after the women entered the building to conduct a ‘people’s inspection’ of Burnett for war profiteering related to it’s role in creating the U.S. military’s ‘Army of One’ advertising campaign.
- Myway/AP: Blix Says Iraq Signals New Cooperation
- This is from Vietnam Veterans Against the War
- Are You Qualified to Stand for Peace?
This test is for your consideration. If you can pass it, you are eligible to join the peace movement. This test consists of one (1) multiple-choice question (so you had better get it right!)
Here’s a list of the countries that the U.S. has bombed, one way or another, since the end of World War II, compiled by historian William Blum:
El Salvador 1980s
Afghanistan 1998, 2001-3
In how many of these instances did a democratic government, respectful of human rights, occur as a direct result?
Choose one of the following:
(d) not a one
(e) a whole number between -1 and +1
This quiz is compliments of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
Ben Chitty USN 65-9 VN 66-7 68 NY/VVAW peaceCENTER
P.O. Box 36, San Antonio, Texas 78291
(210) 224-HOPE or 224-4673 FAX (210) 222-1097