- An artful flyer from a Miranda Stone concert from MirandaStone.com
- Larknews.com – satire
- Content & Context — The Books & Culture Weblog
- Cockeyed.com: Guides to Sneaky Cheap things to save money — Let me add a few more to the list… (1)Stealing toilet paper from public restrooms, (2) Stealing office supplies from work, (3) Having all the soup you want at Scholotzky’s even though the sign says “limit one refill”
- Times Online (UK): Descartes for the 21st century, Jesus with cool shades and a beltful of guns
- MSNBC: Dixie Chicks booed at awards show — Those who booed the Dixie Chicks are the ones who are ANTI-AMERICAN, ANTI-FREEDOM, and BIGOTED. I encourage all lovers of freedom and genuine country music (unlike most the schlock that was given awards at the CMA awards) to go out buy one of their albums right now.
This part of the story though does warm my soul…
- PRESENTER VINCE GILL urged the audience at Wednesday night’s show to “Stop it, stop it.” He added: “You know who gets blessed when you forgive – you.”
I’m glad to see at least a few country musicians having the courage to do what is right, but am still sick of hearing anti-American bigots like Toby Keith (and I don’t care if you do sing that innane song “Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue” . . . you’re anti-American if you want to bully people into not exercising their first amendment rights.) shoot off their mouths and embarrass America by your actions.