I thought it would be fun to host a Presidential election primary straw poll for Oklahoma blog authors, to kinda get a feel for how the Oklahoma blogosophere stands this year.
So, here are the rules…
1. Participants must be registered to vote in Oklahoma.
2. Participants must be the author of a blog that has been updated at least once in the month of January or February 2008.
3. This is an “open” primary, meaning you can vote in which ever primary you want to vote in (no matter what your real life voter registration is), however you may only vote in one party’s primary.
3. The straw-poll will be conducted using a weighted system. You will pick your 3 favorite candidates in your party’s slate, and rank them in order of preference. Then when the votes are counted, each 1st choice vote will get 3 points, each 2nd choice vote will get 2 points, and each 3rd choice vote will get 1 point. The results will show the number of points each candidate received.
4. The deadline for casting your vote is the end of the month. I’ll count the votes cast on February 1 and will announce the results here.
5. To vote, send your name, your blog’s URL, and your vote by email to me at jmb(at)jmbzine(dot)com.
6. Since this is just a straw-poll and not a real primary, I will post running vote counts as we go along from time to time.
Also, here are the list of candidates that will be on the Oklahoma ballot on February 5th as listed on the Oklahoma Elections Board website (PDF download)…
Dennis J. Kucinich
Christopher J. Dodd
Jerry R. Curry
Alan L. Keyes