When I was at the Homeland grocery store on Classen (which I’m pleased to say is unionized with the UFCW), I re-discovered an old favorite, a faithful friend, a salsa of incomparable quality – and yes, it is that good.
Highly recommend this salsa. My reasons to love it…
1. Price- Normally a buck less than the premium salsas (and sometimes on sale for as low as $2.99/16 oz. jar)
2. Flavor – has the rich adobo aroma, smokiness of the fire roasting, vibrancy of the tomatoes and just the perfect amount of heat. (the hot version is good to, but the medium is better as you can eat more of it, at once)
3. Honest ingredients – no Frankenstein ingredients. Just tomato, jalapeño, chipotle pepper, salt, sesame oil, paprika, vinegar, cilantro, onion, garlic, carrots, salt and spices
4. Texture – not too pureed, not too chunky
5. Location – Made one state away in Houston, TX