From The NY Times:
- Oklahoma’s White to undergo season-ending surgery
- Court to rule on drug tests for school groups – This case is about the policy of the Tecumseh, OK school board to force all students to take drug tests if they wish to participate in extra-curricular activities.
- Ashcroft plan would recast Justice Dept. in a war mode
From Yahoo News
- Girl charged with slapping Prince Charles with flower:
- Alina Lebedeva struck the prince with the long-stemmed flower Thursday as he stopped during a walk in downtown Riga to speak with a group of children. “I’m against the Afghan war,” she said in Russian to reporters as police took her away. . .
Prince Charles had stopped to talk with children waving British flags when the thin, red-haired teen-ager, appearing calm, leaned over and struck him. The girl turned and walked slowly away, saying, “Britain’s the enemy of the world,” as armed guards grabbed her and escorted her to a police van. . .
- Amtrak told to plan liquidation – This is really bad timing to talk about cutting rail service. I think instead Congress should be giving them some major subsidies. (I’d rather give a public-owned railroad more money than the blank check we gave corporate-owned airlines.