Watching world music videos on World Link TV, I saw the most hillarious video by the The Night Losers from Romania. Checking their website, it looks like they have a couple of mp3s available for download.
On another subject, here are few special features from the NY Times.
- Scenes From Around New York City Before and After September 11th – (special 3D photographs)
- Portraits of Grief – updated daily with short paragraph length bios and pictures of the victims of the WTC attack
Latest news of note:
- NY Times: Rules Will Allow Airport Screeners to Remain in Jobs
After stoking high expectations that the federal takeover of airport security would lead to a new breed of airport security screener, one who was better educated and more qualified to assume a position of increased responsibility, the Department of Transportation has decided not to impose rules that would displace thousands of current screeners.
Most significantly, the department will not insist that screeners be high school graduates, a requirement that would have disqualified a quarter of the present work force of 28,000.
- State Supreme Court Finds Death Penalty Is Misused in Kansas
- NY Times: Once heralded bi-partisanship fades in Texas House
- NY Times: Alaska Panel Has Suggestions for Improving Race Relations
- JUNEAU, Alaska — The videotape showed Eskimos in downtown Anchorage flinching and shielding their faces as they were shot at with paintball guns by three young white men in a car, who laughed as they cruised the streets and filmed their search for victims.
Out of that incident, which occurred last January and sparked discussion in Alaska about bigotry in a state where about 16 percent of the residents list themselves as Indian or Alaska Native, has come a new report by Gov. Tony Knowles’s Commission on Tolerance, which listed nearly 100 recommendations for improving race relations.
- NY Times: Giuliani Looks Back With Just One Regret
- NY Times: Opening Jan. 1: Mayor Bloomberg, Unedited
- NY Times: Recession, Then a boom? Maybe not this time
- NY Times: Taking on the Republicans, but not their leader
- MSNBC: At least 260 perished in Peruvian fire
- MSNBC: Under pressure, Pakistan arrests top militant — After days of rising tension between nuclear rivals, move may help lower heat
- MSNBC: Americans plan low-key New Year’s — New York ready for crowds in special Times Square gala
- MSNBC: Viewing platform opens at WTC site
- MSNBC: Web clues by Shoe-Bomb suspect
Opinions worth noting