News & Opinion
- Checkpoint-online.ch: Operation Enduring Freedom, Psyops over Afghanistan – Disgusting.
- NY Times: A Deposit Plan With No Return for Scavengers
Well it didn’t take ol Mayor Bloomberg long to take up Guiliani’s mantle of being the designated oppressor of the poor. Stopping the NYC redemption program is a stupid, stupid idea. For once, people on the bottom actually have a good chance for some means of independent living, but Bloomberg wants to take it away from them. Shame on him!
- CNSNews.com: Congressman Istook urges school prayer constitutional amendment — This sounds interesting but redundant. I think the right for voluntary prayer in schools is already protected by the Bill of Rights.
- USC News: Sociology: Boomers keep a tight rein on their children — Elaine Bell Kaplan has found that even so-called progressive parents are violating their children’s privacy – believing it is necessary in a world plagued by gangs, AIDS, drugs and school shootings.
- MSNBC: Sins of the Father — For years, Boston’s cardinal kept on priests who had been accused of molesting children. Now Catholics across America are confronting similar scandals and questioning the secretive culture of the church
This story is extremely disturbing, but I also think it is an extreme case. This particular dioscese had some bad policies, but I don’t think that such cases are as common in other areas. In general, I think priests are malligned by the popular media, and the rates of sexual crimes are not that different from that of the general population.