The 10th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks happened yesterday. It was a day with a lot of sad thoughts and memories.
I decided to go back and look at what I said on my blog from that era. It was rather interesting to say the least. I decided to link to some of the more interesting posts from that day and the days that followed…
- September 11, 2001, 10:10 a.m. — Initial thoughts, posted after the planes crashed into NYC and the Pentagon but before the 4th plane crashed in Pennsylvania. Worried about two friends who were living in NYC who I hadn’t heard from
- September, 11, 2001, 2:10 p.m. – Expressing shock, seeing places I had visited the previous summer on TV that were devasted. Upset by the innane remarks of the college radio station.
- September 11, 2001, 2:30 p.m. – very upset, expressing anger at God, worried about friends in NYC
- 7:27 p.m. – heart from my friend Sonia, still worried about my friend Aimee
- September 11, 2001, 10:00 p.m. – George Bush is now talking about nuclear weapons and how that no options are “off the table.” I reprinted a column I wrote that afternoon for the campus newspaper about the folly of vengeance